This Category is intended for mentors/coaches to use as a tool they can use to assist in their task of coaching our teams
- Written by Derek Brannigan
- Category: Coaches Corner
- Hits: 573
Making the telling runs – Forward Movement. Hurling workshop
Aim: The aim of the training is to provide coaches with practical strategies for utilising time and space. i.e. Scoring/ Support Play/Creating Space.
- Movement to create and exploit space playing with your head up.
- Timing and the angle of the runs
- Creating Scoring Opportunities.
- Developing Support Play Activities.
- Penetrate in defence (take on defenders).
- Incorporate match running drills.
- Provide advanced drills/games with pressure.
The course is primarily aimed at coaches of youth & adult teams (U14 & older). Coaches of all teams are of course welcome.
Tutor: Thomas Mullally
Venue: Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club
Date: Friday 26th February 2016 @ 7.30pm
Appropriate fee: €5
Duration: 2 hours minimum .