Scholarship Programme Policy and Procedures
As part of our continued support for the player development programme, the club has developed a scholarship programme designed to help support the awarded players during their years of the primary degree programme.
- A meeting of all interested players is called in September each year where the scholarship programme and the application process are explained in detail.
- Players must submit a fully completed application form by a specified date, usually a date set at the end of September.
- Players are required to submit a detailed application form on or before the deadline date. A Personal Statement must also accompany each application. This Personal Statement will outline some research into the Scholarship Programme and a selected career pathway. It will also outline the commitment that they will give if they are offered and accept a place. It will be impressed upon applicants that this is a critical factor in the application process.
- Players will be interviewed by the Scholarship Programme Selection Committee which is ratified by the Fixtures Committee in advance of the interview process.
- Fully completed applications including the personal statement must be handed to the Chairperson of Fixtures Committee in a sealed envelope, clearly marked with the players name and team.
Please note that application forms/personal statements handed to anyone else will not be accepted.
- The Scholarship Programme Selection Committee will be responsible for assessing applications and offering places on the programme.
- The criteria to be taken into consideration in this selection process include:
- Parent support for the programme
- Attendance at training & matches
- Commitment to Club
- Skill level
- Junior Cert Results
- References from Mentors and School/College
- The criteria outlined above, the Application Form, the Personal Statement, the interview, the competition and the testimony of mentors and other references given will be the determining factors of whether or not a place is offered to the player.
- Players will be informed in writing of the outcome of the Scholarship Programme application process.
- The decision of the Scholarship Programme Selection Committee is final. Players who wish to discuss their application with the committee may request to do so by writing to the Secretary of the Scholarship Programme within two weeks of receipt of letter of successful/unsuccessful application.
The club/Selection committee reserves the right to remove a player from the Programme if there is evidence of a lack of commitment in the activities of the club and/or their programme of study.
We are happy to officially announce that we shall be again running an Easter Camp in the club this year. You will find full details of the camp below here. If you would like to register for the Camp please click on the Easter Camp registration on the top of the page.